I make it a point to spend time with them each night, as well as groom them. I want them to get used to it, and learn how to behave during a grooming session. They are going to be so big, and I know this is something we need to master while they're small!
I took them for another vet visit on Sept 9, and I meant to write about it... but forgot. They are now fully vaccinated, microchipped, and licensed! Miley was 14 weeks old, and weighed in at 33lbs. George was 12 weeks old, and weighed 28lbs. They are getting so big!!
I took them to the vet again today, October 11, to get another dose of flea medicine (we use Comfortis). I like it because it's taken orally, and you can pet or handle your dog right afterwards. We have children, so it's very handy for us. I only took Miley with us this time, and figured George is probably just a few pounds less than her. She weighed 48lbs! In one month she gained 15 lbs, and she's only 4 months old!! I LOVE THIS BREED!
I speculate she will grow to be at least 100lbs, hopefully more. If that's the case, she's almost halfway there!
In other, very exciting news, Miley and I are doing our first walk-a-thon tomorrow morning!
It's called Walk 4 Paws, it's 2 miles, and it's the biggest fundraiser of the year for our local animal shelter. I had thought of taking George also, but he's not quite obedient enough on a leash just yet. We're still working with him on that.
Two of my friends will also be walking with their dogs. My one friend Laurel has the sweetest, very LARGE, Great Dane named Nala. My other friends, Kristen and Sam, will be walking with one of their Golden Retrievers. It's great to be able to socialize our dogs, and to be there with friends. If you would like to sponsor Miley and I, you can click on this link.
We would appreciate your support!


No comments:
Post a Comment