Friday, August 23, 2013

Here we go...

George and Miley are doing wonderful!  They have stopped peeing inside the puppy room (A tiled, 12 foot x 12 foot room, with large dog door)! They are doing excellent going in and out as needed.

With he weather being warmer they like to camp out on top of the air conditioning vent in their room. Even puppies appreciate central air!

 

I've been working with them using Cesar Milan's different tips for dogs. For us, a finger snap is used to indicate I want them to come. They have been responding very well!  We've been working on walking on a leash, following me off a leash, coming when I call, and of course... FETCH!

They are doing better and better everyday.

Their personalities are starting to really shine through. Miley is loyal, loving, and adores me.  She wants to be where I am, and seems to just wait around for me to pet her... which I do... all the time.

George is more the rowdy one.  Of course, by rowdy I mean he likes to jump and bark. He is the picture of a puppy. 

Even though I have 6 kids, taking care of George and Miley doesn't feel like two more things I have on the "to do" list each day.  I love playing with them, training them, brushing them, and just spending time with them. I love their snuggles, and that they wrestle, and climb on each other to get to me.

They each got a bath yesterday. They did very well in the water, and they were WAY filthier than I thought they were. Must be the mostly black, double coat... I washed them three times before the water ran clear, and when they dried they looked like little puff balls.

Of course, getting them dry was an interesting venture. I may be investing in an actual dog dryer. Why? Because I like to do things right the first time...

That and, well, using my own hair dryer was not a success.

They are going back to the vet after September 1st to get their next shot, as well as the rabies vaccine.
Then, WALKS! I can't wait to get them out and about!! It will be a great way to exercise in the evenings for me, and a lot of fun for them!

I hate exercising, so being able to go walking with my little furry sweeties will definitely make it more bearable!!

Until next time, we bid you adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment